We’re average people in and around the New York City metro area who love passive investing as espoused by John Bogle, a.k.a. “Saint Jack.” We meet in the City bimonthly to discuss:
- the Bogleheads investment philosophy
- Mr. Bogle’s life and works
- financial literacy
- recent topics of interest in the Bogleheads forum
- balancing our investments
- reducing our taxes
- what to do during economic downswings (Hint: Don’t panic!)
- our prior experiences in investing, both good and bad
- financial independence
- our dreams and aspirations
- what “happiness” and “success” mean to each of us
- anything that piques our interest!
Our meetings are open, friendly, and free. You don’t have to be rich or an investing guru to attend! We come from many backgrounds and have varying levels of financial literacy. Some are young and just entering the workforce, others are seasoned professionals, and a few are retired or nearing retirement. Our goals and dreams vary just as much.
Other fun facts:
- We’ve been around since 2013.
- Our Google group currently has over 175 members!